The Lady Samurai (also known as Shrine Maiden or simply Samurai) is a recurring class in the Disgaea series. For centuries, the Lady Samurai have protected the holy roads that connect the Netherworld to parallel worlds, but since most of these holy grounds have been destroyed by cataclysm, most now serve as professional swordsmen. Despite this, purity, loyalty, and pride remain strong in their hearts. They have a unique belief system called "Bushi Road".
- Main article: Samurai (Disgaea)
- Main article: Lady Samurai (Disgaea 2)
- Main article: Lady Samurai (Disgaea 3)
- Main article: Lady Samurai (Disgaea 4)
- Main article: Samurai (Disgaea D2)
The Samurai reappears in Disgaea D2.
- Main article: Lady Samurai (Disgaea 5)
The Lady Samurai can be unlocked by leveling a Warrior/Valkyrie to rank 3 and an Archer to rank 2, then completing the associated quest.
Samurai can be either male or female, each having proficiency with katanas and spears.
- Male Samurai, the male counterpart to this class.