Ice, also known as Water (水 mizu, Water), is one of the three Elemental Affinities Having anything above 0% means a character is resistant to the element, while having anything below 0% means a character has a weakness of the element.
The Cryophile Specialist increases a character’s resistance to attacks that are ice-based. In Disgaea 2: Cursed Memories and beyond, an Cryophile can also increase the damage of ice/water spells and abilities.
Ice is also a good element to have a weakness to in the first game, though not as good as wind. There is a lack of any strong skills to most creatures that will cause extra damage for this element.
Skills that are based in the ice element:
- Tri-Burst (Gun)
- Ice Magic (Ghost)
- Ice Dance (Shadow)
- Fire and Ice (Shadow)
- Ice Breath (Dragon)*
- Blue Nova (Dragon)*
- Dragonic Freeze (Dragon)*
- Frigid Dance (Great Wyrm)**
- Frigid Column (Great Wyrm)**
- Frigid Roar (Great Wyrm)**
- Frigid Burst (Great Wyrm)**
* Only certain dragons can learn these ice skills. See the dragon page for more information.
** Only the Marid class of the Great Wyrm learn these skills.