The Great Wyrm (also called Entei) is a recurring monster class in the Disgaea series. Great Wyrms are depicted as gargantuan bipedal dragons with flames coming out of their backs. This class is one of the most powerful in terms of physical might, making them perfect for the front line.
- Main article: Great Wyrm (Disgaea)
The class itself doesn't appear until rather late in the game (Bonus Stages, Item World and Dark Assembly only); however, the Alt Overlord that appears in the map Writhing Shadow has the sprite of a Great Wyrm. Due their infrequent appearances and great strength, this class is one of the hardest Monster Classes to unlock.
- Main article: Great Wyrm (Disgaea 2)
The class appears once again in the PSP version of Disgaea 2: Cursed Memories. Great Wyrms are unlocked after Axel beats and recruits a Blue Great Wyrm (dubbed the Greatest Actress Ever) in Axel Mode. The class has gained an ability that boosts the Wyrm's power for every other ally Wyrm out. They can also Magichange into a Axe.
- Main article: Dragon King
The class returns in Disgaea 5. Instead of being named as "Great Wyrm", it has the name "Dragon King".
- In Phantom Brave, a scene shows Scarlet the Brave killing a Great Wyrm. The class itself however doesn't appear in any map. This is the second appearance of the Wyrm in a Nippon Ichi game and the last appearance until Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days.
- The names of some of the tiers, such as Efreet, Shaitan, and Marid, are types of Jin, well-known creatures in Arabian mythology and lore.