Dual Magichange is a new gameplay feature that was introduced in Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten and Disgaea 5: Alliance of Vengeance. It allows a monster to Magichange with character who already has a Magichange weapon equipped. In Disgaea 4, the ability to use Dual Magichange is unlocked by defeating any Level 1000 enemy or higher with a Magichanged weapon. The corresponding Evil Symbol, Dual Dojo will be unlocked as a bill and any Monster in the Evil Area will have the ability to Dual Magichange.
- The character can attack up to two times in a single turn.
- All three characters receive EXP and Mana.
- The human character gains the Monster's Primary Evilities when Magichanged.
- The human character can have access to two lists of weapon skills, depending on their Magichanged Weapon.
- The human character also gains to both Monster's Magichange skills.
- The effect can also be combined with Giant Magichange.
- If the character using Dual Magichanged is defeated, all 3 units are counted as defeated.
- Limited turn usage and only Monsters in the Dual Dojo Evil Area may Dual Magichange.
- Once the turn limit is up, like regular Magichange, both monsters will count as defeated for the rest of the battle.
The ability makes its return in Disgaea 5: Alliance of Vengeance, with slight changes. The monster can Magichange with a character holding a magichange weapon, fusing the weapon into a larger version of the weapon. Several kinds of monster or combinations alters the appearance of the weapon, either giving them a slightly better advantage than the Giant form of the weapon or a different set of skills.
|Monster Magichange 1||Monster Magichange 2||Weapon||Description||Additional Skill?|
|Prinny||Prinny||Sword||Super Prin Barrage|
|Imp||Orc||Gun||Twin Demon Bullet|
|Fairy||Shroom||Staff||Flying Spore Shot|
|Slumber Cat||Rabbit||Bow||Giant Carrot Swing|
|Zombie||Bear||Fist||Corpse Bear Attack|
|Nether Noble||Chimera||Bow||Demonic Howl|
|Twin Dragon||Slime||Sword||Igniting Scissor|
|Horseman||Dragon King||Spear||Spark Dragon King|
|Nine-Tails||Winged Warrior||Staff||Poison Fox Dance|
|Alraune||Sea Angel||Gun||Ice Death Sprout|