Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Disgaea: Hour of DarknessEdit
- "The axe is a difficult weapon to use. Normal attacks have a low hit percentage, but deal major damage when they do hit. The Special Techniques learned with an axe have a short range and can only be used against a single enemy. It may seem a bit restrictive, but since its limitations are clear, you could say an axe is easy to use. Also, when stronger Special Techniques are available, the chances of lowering an opponent's DEF are high."
This weapon type appears in Disgaea: Hour of Darkness and its remakes, Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness and Disgaea DS. Etna has 'A' Weapon Mastery in Spears and Axes. Axes have high ATK but negative HIT, making them able to do high damage... if it hits. Thus, Axe-wielders are always in conflict with Bow-users and Gun-users for Marksman Specialists. Giving a higher-rank Axe that does not have any Marksmen on it to a low-level character (such as a recently-reincarnated character) is frequently a bad plan, as the negative HIT will prevent the character from hitting anything.
To see the charts of weapon skills and weapon stats for Axes, please see List of Disgaea 1 Weapons#Axe.
Disgaea 2: Cursed MemoriesEdit
- "The axe takes pride in having the most power of all the weapon types. With normal attacks, the accuracy may be low, but when they hit, they really hit. Sometimes, attacking with the axe may add an extra effect of lowering the opponent's defense (DEF). Start an attack with the axe to lower the defense, and continue with combos to make it easier to bring down stronger enemies. An axe is also appealing for it's high critical rate. Skills learned from Axe weapon mastery have simpler limits to distance and range, so it is easier to make combos and other tactics. Also, with skills, the stronger the opponent, the greater the decrease in DEF, an important factor in battle. With team attacks and combos, it's fit to aim for big damage."
- —Adell's Father
Axes return as a weapon type in Disgaea 2: Cursed Memories. They again have high ATK and negative HIT, again putting them in conflict with Bow- and Gun-users. No story characters have high proficiency in Axes.
To see the charts of weapon skills and weapon stats for Axes, please see List of Disgaea 2 Weapons#Axe.
Disgaea 3: Absence of JusticeEdit
- "The Axe takes pride for having the greatest power of all weapons. The speed (SPD) might go down, but when it hits, the damage is huge. Another charm of the Axe is that it has a higher critical rate compared to the other weapons. The Axe's weapon skills have a simple distance and range limit, so it's easier to plan combos and other tactics. There are also skills that can decrease the target's defense (DEF), so it can become an important factor in strategy. Combine the team attacks and combos to go for great amounts of damage."
- —Zommie V
The Axe returns in Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice as a weapon type, but instead of lowering HIT, it lowers SPD. This alteration makes Axe users better at hitting targets, but also makes them slower targets, thus making them easier to hit. No noteworthy characters use Axes.
To see the charts of weapon skills and weapon stats for Axes, please see List of Disgaea 3 Weapons#Axe
Disgaea 4: A Promise UnforgottenEdit
- "The Axe takes pride for having the greatest power of all weapons. The speed (SPD) might go down, but when it hits, the damage is huge. Another charm of the Axe is that it has a higher critical rate compared to the other weapons. The Axe's Weapon Skills have a simple distance and range limit, so it's easier to plan Combos and other tactics. There are also Skills that can decrease the target's defense (DEF), so it can become an important factor in strategy. Combine the Team Attacks and Combos to go for great amounts of damage."
- —Zommie, Jr.
Axes in Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten function exactly as their Disgaea 3 incarnations, being high damage skills. Their skill-set has been modified so that they only have 3 multi-target skills.
To see the charts of weapon skills and weapon stats for Axes, please see List of Disgaea 4 Weapons#Axe
Disgaea 5: Alliance of VengeanceEdit
- "Axes are the most powerful weapons of them all. They reduce your SPD, but when they hit, the damage is devastating. Axes deal more damage than any other weapon, and have much higher critical rates, making them deal even more damage. They also have skills that decrease the DEF of the enemy, so use them wisely. Add them to Team Attacks, Combos, and Support Attacks and watch the damage pile on."
- —Gen, the Know-It-All Guy