Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Ally Kills are a hazard in battle in the Disgaea series, and are often a factor in deciding which ending the player receives. Usually, lots of Ally Kills will result in a bad ending or be a requirement for it (with the exception of Disgaea 4). As the name suggests, one occurs when a player character is killed by another of the player's characters, whether by an area of effect attack or by directly attacking the character in question.
Characters still receive EXP from defeated allies although it is only 1/4 of the original value. When an ally character is in another character's attack range, the game will often warn the player in red text that an ally is in the range of the attack.
The game keeps track of how many ally kills occur during each cycle, resetting the counter at the beginning of each new cycle.
Ally kills do not include:
- Killing Specialists
- In Disgaea 2 and later, throwing Prinnies or characters killed in the subsequent explosion
- Throwing an enemy into the Base Panel (even if your base panel is destroyed, this is still not an ally kill)
- Making a tower of characters, ending the turn and killing a character with the inflicted damage (in Disgaea 1)
- Killing a clone
- Being killed in a Geo Chain
- Being killed by poison, even if inflicted by an attack by the player
- Using Thursday's special attack of "Arigato Roboto" does not count as an ally kill, even though Thursday is killed. However, any other ally that is killed by the subsequent exploding damage would still count as an ally kill.
- As with Thursday's Attack, using Tink's special attack of "Goodbye, Tink" does not count as an ally kill, even though Tink is killed. However, any other ally that is killed by the subsequent explosion damage would still count as an ally kill.
- Unlike previous games, ally kills no longer have an impact on the game's ending. However, killing any ally for the first time rewards the player with a trophy.